Thursday, January 8, 2009

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells

It's always been a tradition to open up jammies and a new game on Christmas Eve. We then all go get ready for bed in our new jammies and play the game that we just got. Her Braxton waits patiently for his turn.
Mom read the Night Before Christmas to the kids (well everyone really) on Christmas Eve. Here they are all around the book. Riley and Braxton were really into the story and it was fun to see them sitting with her.

What Am I? So we played a game where you had to put your head in the hole of the board without looking and tried to guess what you are through clues from your teammates. It was fun and the kids got into it a little bit too.
One night we headed to my house for a little Rock Band. Jeff and I dominated........tee, hee
Adelle was so happy while she was here. It was fun to get to spend time with her since we have only been with her one other time. She is so stinking cute and I just love her to pieces!
The girls decided to go get pedicures and had a great time relaxing. It was Andrea's first time and she really enjoyed it and said that she felt so "glamorous". I am so glad you were able to get it done Andrea! ;O) Braxton and I enjoyed making faces for the camera, while Riley and I decided to go for the classic smile and straight face.
Our Christmas was very enjoyable and I am so thankful that the entire family (except Lane) was able to be here. We did have the opportunity to call Lane on Christmas Eve, Lane's Christmas day. It was so good to hear his voice and get to "spend" the holiday with him also. I am so thankful for him and for his example to me. The family spent a lot of time just hanging out, but it was well worth it. It felt like I actually had time off as I was able to sleep in each day and take my time getting ready. We truly enjoyed one anothers company and had a blast playing. My family is truly the craziest bunch; from synchronized toe touches, jumping through hoops, jumping in between wrapping paper tubes or balancing it on your hand-we certainly kept ourselves entertained, well at least the guys. For the girls we enjoyed sitting around watching old movies and taking it easy. I LOVE you all so much!!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Horray that you updated your blog! Erin, we had such a blast and we miss you all so much! I love the top picute of Adelle with the butterfly shirt, what a great shot.
My pedicure is still perfect except that my toes have been hidden inside socks and rainboots! Crazy stuff going on around here. I'm glad your Vacation was really a "Vacation!" It was for me too, I am having Sandra Dee withdrawls!

Dave Heywood said...

Looked like a lot of fun. I am always impressed with how much fun your family has. Never a dull moment with you guys. We might be down your way in April again for Erin's spring break. We'll see. Love ya...DAVE