Saturday, February 7, 2009

Zoo Friends

Martin Luther King day John and I both had off of work and Ryan had the day off from school, so we decided to go to the zoo. Dad unfortunately did not have it off and could not get it off since he had someone with him all day. We certainly missed having him there, but mom, Gabriel and I are seriously thinking we need to get a membership so we can go more often. There is so much to do there that you just can't get it all done in one day! We had a blast and Riley loved it.

The zoo currently has an exhibit with sting ray that you can pet. It is pretty neat. The stingray just swim around in circles and will actually come up to your hand for you to pet. Some will come up to the water and it looks as though they are waving to you. Riley had a great time doing this.
We stopped every once in awhile to take a picture. We only took a couple of pictures of actual animals. The tortoise was hilarious.....he was up and awake when we got there, but I guess a hundred plus years would get you a little worn out, so he layed his head down to rest.
The courosel was a hit for us all. I guess it doesn't matter how old you are, going around in circles on an animal that goes up and down never gets old! Gabriel was even told that if she was under 18 she would have to wear the belt. lol They walked right past Ryan and didn't say a word.
There was a rock climbing wall so we all encouraged Ryan and John to climb it. The rest of us were all in flip flops so we did not think it would be a good idea. They had a couple of races to the top. The first one Ryan one and the second John won. They actually never did go up a third time. Hmmmmm.......At the zoo there are different animals to take pictures with, so we took advantage of it. Ryan and Riley rode a warthog, while Gabriel and I sat with a gorilla.
We all took turns riding the camel. Riley was just old enough to ride it with someone. At first she was really hesitant to get on (she went with me first), but once she realized I was getting on too she was a little more willing to stay on. Once the camel got moving she was LOVING it! She couldn't stop talking about how she was on a camel and then she saw another one laying there and kept saying, "two camels". She loved it so much that she is looking forward to going back. We have to be careful not to say the word camel around her or all she talks about is going to ride one. We will certainly have to make another trip to the zoo soon! lol

2 comments:

Kim Allgood said...

Erin Ashmore! How the heck are you? It has been a LONG time. So, where are you living? You look fantastic! Hope things are going well- your house looks much cleaner than our old apartment. Congratulations!

Kim Buchanan Allgood

Craison said...

KIM!!!! I have been trying to find you forever! I actually live in AZ! How weird is that?!?!? I tried to look your parents up, but I think there were too many and I didn't know where to begin. lol I hope you come back and see this...let me know your info. I would love to catch up. You can also find me on Facebook. :O)